Thursday, June 27, 2013

Final Update from London...

So... I've been putting this off long enough. Here is my last update of my adventures in London! I had a fantastic time there and have learned so much! And of course I had tons of fun! :)

My friends and I finally made it to Abbey Road! The picture of the four of us crossing the street is on my roommate's camera, so you'll just have to take my word for it... It's pretty epic!
Proof that I made it to Abbey Road! :)
 That weekend, our entire class went to Brighton! We had a pretty great time. I've decided that Brighton is pretty much England's version of San Francisco.


A great view of Brighton

Here is a "castle" we saw in Brighton! It looks much more like the Taj Mahal to me though!

We decided to have fish and chips on the beach. After about five minutes, we relocated because seagulls were swarming around us and one stole half of my friend's fish!

And while we were there, I got to use a Zoltar machine! :) Ever since I saw the movie "Big," I've always wanted to use one! (On another note, I had no idea my mouth could open that big... Not sure what to think about that...)
On Sunday, my roommates and I wanted to go explore Hyde Park. Little did my roommate Madison know that Melissa and I planned a surprise birthday scavenger hunt! :) We made the theme be Sherlock Holmes, because that is pretty much her favorite thing ever.

Here is Madison discovering the ransom note from Moriarty. You can tell how serious she is taking it by how much she  is opening her eyes.

She took this VERY seriously. 

Sneaky AND Serious.
 While going on our scavenger hunt through Hyde Park, we stopped by the Peter Pan statue! It was pretty great.

Me with the statue. I needed to do laundry REALLY badly, so I'm wearing my "Mind the Gap" shirt. It's pretty great! :)

Here's a fountain we found along the way

And here's Madison being SUPER happy during her birthday surprise.
The hunt ended in the basement of Metrogate (where our program building and laundry place is). This was Moriarty's "lair" and Madison was making sure that she was sneaky around the corner. It was just like a movie!

 We had a great time with the hunt and ended it chatting with friends and watching part (we fell asleep because we were so tired) of a Sherlock Holmes movie. :)

Our last day of class was sad, but also pretty great! Our "exam" for our theatre class was to reinterpret and act out a scene from one of the plays we saw. My group ended up portraying the scene like a zombie apocalypse. It was pretty awesome. Anyway, this is where we had our classes. We used a room in the Hyde Park Chapel.
Hyde Park Chapel

The "I'm a Mormon" campaign was in London, and these banners were outside the church.

This is the view in my classroom from my seat. You can see my theatre teacher and TA talking near the piano.
After class, my friend Jean and I went to the science museum! I love science museums! They're interactive, fun, and interesting!

They had a model of a ship in space. I thought it was interesting that they portrayed NASA and the American flag in Britain. (Does Britain have a space program?)

Me with an astronaut! :)

Here's an actual moon rock! Now I can say I've been about two feet away from the moon! :)

Here was a collection of timers. I thought they looked pretty cool.

And here are lots of old methods of transportation. They were pretty cool to see.

A plane

And some cars...
 We spent most of our time in the "Who Am I" exhibit. It was really neat!

This was the creepy looking guy on the video describing an experiment with a fake hand. (Like when an amputee can see a reflection of their hand and trick their brain into thinking they have their hand again.)
 I found out what my voice would sound like if I was a man... Kinda weird.

And this is interesting... This shows how many Shills there were in England at that time.

And here's in 1998.

I thought this was interesting! Live to be 100 in England, and the queen will send you a telegram! :)
That evening, Madison, Melissa and I went to see The Cripple of Inishmaan. Daniel Radcliffe was in it, and he did a pretty amazing job. It was great, but it was such a sad play! :(

I ALMOST got Daniel Radcliffe to sign my ticket. But he stopped signing them before he got to mine. So I got a picture with the sow poster instead.
On Saturday, I GOT TO GO TO THE HARRY POTTER STUDIOS!!! I can't describe how awesome it was! But here are lots of pictures! :) I had a great time. :)


The cupboard under the stairs! 
The Great Hall! This room was actually a complete room! I felt so cool going in there! It made Harry Potter seem so real. :)

The professors

Dumbledore

Me and Dumbledore... we're pals. :)

The fireplace

The decorations from the Yule Ball in the fourth book/movie

Haha, Ron's dress robes... :)

Fleur's uniform. I think it would be fun to wear it! Especially the hat.

The exact same costume for Harry. It reminds me of Doug's (the cartoon) closet.
See what I mean? :)


Umbridge's Educational Decrees...


Harry's bed and the dormitory!

Ron's bed

And here's what the dormitory really looks like... It's amazing how the movie makes it look completely real!

The Fat Lady!!!

And the mirror of erised

Potions...

With Slughorn...
and Snape.




All the horcruxes. (Well... most of them.) :)


Dumbledore's office!

The pensieve

:)



The egg from the Triwizard tournament

And the trophy...

The Goblet of FIre
 Cool Gadgets:






Here's how the pictures worked!


The security at Gringotts is intense!

The chamber of secrets door!
 The art of flying:
Add caption





The Weasley's home

And the awesome clock. I really wish this could be real. That would be GREAT! :)



The tapestry at Sirius's house

Poor Sirius...

Harry's letter!

And Ron's howler! :)

Tom Riddle's grave



The Dursley's house!

I sat where Hagrid did!!! :)

The Potter's house

The actual chess pieces!


He was brutal! No mercy!




I tried butterbeer, and it was pretty good! It kind of reminded me of cream soda.


Haha, the monster book of monsters.

The werewolf... I thought this was interesting.

A thestral

And the dragon Harry faced

A mandrake

DOBBY! I still cry whenever he dies. It's so sad.

A dementor. 

Aragog... he makes me shudder. Also, there's a basilisk in the bottom corner. :)

Here he is!
 Diagon Alley. I felt so cool walking down the street! It was amazing.
Gringotts 

Ollivander's

Eeylops owl emporium




Fred and George's shop


 At the end of the tour, we got to see the giant model of hogwarts. It was really neat to see it!




Roommate picture!

The wand shop. Each box has a name of someone who helped contribute to the films. That's a lot of people!!!

Gryffindor's sword!

And awesome candy. I tried the chocolate frog, and it was great! (But really big.) Unfortunately, it didn't jump...

And here's me in a robe. I felt so official. :)
Anyway, that pretty much wraps up my experiences in London. I had a terrific time and I'm SO glad I went. Thanks for supporting me and following my adventures! :)

And for those who are interested, I'm going to try and keep my blog going. I'm hoping that I'll be more consistent because I won't have nearly as many pictures to share! We'll see how that goes. I'm crossing my fingers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment