Monday, May 20, 2013

Catching Up

Hello again! Time has flown by these past few days! I've done so many great things lately! For the sake of time, I'm going to explain through my pictures. I'll try and stay on top of my blogging this week... we'll see how long that lasts! :) And now, without further ado...

The Globe:

This is actually a model! Doesn't it look realistic?!?

This is their wind machine! When you turn the handle on the side, it makes the sound of wind! (And yes, I did find this out firsthand! :)


I just thought this sign was a little funny... :)

This is my group waiting for the tour to begin

The stage!

I love the windy handrail!

I was a groundling when we saw The Tempest here. The whole courtyard was full of people like this!
Tower of London:

The tower!

Me at a famous bridge!

I spend a lot of time with these people! They're great! :)

This polar bear is made of chicken wire! Evidently, the king was given a polar bear as a gift...  I guess that's what you give to someone who has everything! :)

He also got an elephant.

Me wearing a guard hat. It's heavy, but much more comfortable than the fireman hat!
This dragon was made of pieces of armor! It was really neat!

A guard!

I loved these statues! They were everywhere!

Trebuchet!

Lions

This is how I ended the day! Delicious! :)

On Saturday, some of us went to the temple. It was a challenge getting there, but I'm glad we did. First, we left at 7:45 to get to the tube. Then, we took the tube to the Victoria station (about 10 minutes?) and then got on a train. After a long train ride, we finally made it to this place.




It was a tiny town, but super gorgeous! From the train station, we were planning on taking a bus. However, the bus wasn't supposed to come for an hour. So, we walked (in our dresses, heels, suits, etc.!) about three miles to the temple. Here are some pictures I took along the way:

There were baby ducks on the island!!! So cute!

Such a pretty garden and house!

I love the yellow door!

This picture doesn't do the place justice. But take my word for it, it really was beautiful!

Every house here had a name! I took a picture of this farm.

And this sign made me laugh! :)
Eventually, we made it to the temple. It was great!



I love the tulips and the stormy clouds! The flowers are pretty and the clouds pretty much summarize London! :)

There were such beautiful grounds here!


Pretty flowers I saw

More pretty flowers

And more!

By the end of the day, these were really tired.

Some kind older missionaries offered to drive us back to the train station so we wouldn't have to walk. We were SO happy! :)

Random:

After getting stuffed at a restaurant, I played with my food. It was great! :) Mashed potato art is fun! :)

Smiley face

Half of an elephant

A face

A rhino!

Well, I need to go. But before I do, I want to tell you what shows I saw. We saw Matilda, The Tempest, and Lear. They were not my favorites... hopefully this week will be better! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment