Hello from London! I have lots of pictures today! I realized I haven't talked about me for a while, just what I've been doing. So, before I update you on my adventures, I want everyone to know I am having a GREAT time! I can successfully navigate the tube, the buses, and I don't get lost in my neighborhood! (This is quite an accomplishment for me!) I love the quirky things I notice that remind me I'm in London--like seeing a sign for the "toilets" instead of the restrooms, or when I hear an awesome accent (technically I'm the one with the accent here...), or when I see the green walking man at a crosswalk... So many great things! Anyway, I am having a blast exploring and spending time with my friends. My days are SUPER full and I come home exhausted, but it's worth it! Anyway, right now I am finally getting better from a cold I've had since last week. YES! Luckily, it didn't stop me from experiencing anything, but I'm so happy to be almost better. Well, that's all I can think of about me right now... If you have any questions, you can ask in the comments section and I will try and answer!
And now, without further ado... what I've been up to!
My roommates and I FINALLY went across the street to Hyde Park! We also took pictures with the telephone booth, because it is awesome and we had to. :) We will definitely be going back... it's so big and so beautiful! But here's our first go!
 |
| Look at me using that phone! :) |
 |
| This represents Asia. (They had a statue for each part of the world!) |
 |
| This is the back side of the statue above. I decided I would be this leaning guy if I was in the sculpture. I like the casual pose. :) |
 |
| Any guesses? See the picture below for the answer! |
 |
| This one's Europe! Did you get it right? |
 |
| Take a guess! |
 |
| This is America! This guy was on the back of the statue. I like his hat! :) |
 |
| Africa! |
 |
| Just a pretty, windy path! |
 |
| Super cool enormous rocks stacked on top of each other! |
 |
| That's me. :) |
 |
| Me at this great tree |
 |
| Jumping from the tree! Getting the timing for this picture took some work! Let's just say I have many bloopers! |
 |
| Here's my roommate jumping off the tree! |
 |
| And here's my other roommate posing on the tree... |
 |
| ...and looking slightly creepy. :) |
 |
| I pass by this statue every day on the way to class! Just thought y'all would like to see it! |
After Hyde Park, we went to see The Audience (a play about the queen meeting with the prime ministers). Helen Mirren was playing the queen, and GUESS WHAT?!? I got to meet her! :)
 |
| Here she is! She signed my ticket! |
Anyway, that was yesterday. Today we went to the Victoria and Albert museum... It was amazing! Here are some of the things I saw:
 |
| At first, I was horrified by this picture! Then I realized it was Achilles. |
 |
| I thought this was really sad! |
 |
| Star Trek Nerd Moment: When I saw this, I immediately thought of the Borg regenerating! It looks just like it! |
 |
| I thought this bowl was super cool! |
 |
| This was a pulpit for Islamic congregations. |
 |
| An ivory box |
 |
| A wedding veil |
 |
| A fancy tea set! |
 |
| This room was gorgeous! |
 |
| See what I mean? |
 |
| This is Handel! |
Some of my favorite parts of the museum were the interactive exhibits... :)
 |
| I am wearing a giant petticoat! I couldn't stop laughing when I looked at myself! :) |
 |
| I also learned how to tie a cravat. |
 |
| Totally off subject, but I thought this model looked a lot like the Kirtland Temple! Pretty cool! |
 |
| I tried on a gauntlet. Surprisingly, it is pretty comfortable! |
 |
| I tried on one of those neck things people wore a long time ago. I think I look like some weird clown. Not my favorite. |
 |
| This was SO impressive! This leaf bowl is made out of brass!!! |
 |
| Shakespeare |
 |
| Look at all those books! Such a great library! |
 |
| The books were huge! I put my hand up for scale. |
 |
| How would you feel having this set of drawers? :) |
 |
| Or this chair for kids? :) |
 |
| Or this swirly bookshelf? |
 |
| Dad, I thought you would like this table. It is made entirely of wood. |
 |
| This is where I ate my lunch today! :) |
 |
| I really liked this solid gold statue of a ship! It was so detailed! |
 |
| Some giant silver lions |
 |
| The Torah |
 |
| Close up |
 |
| The bible with a silver cover |
 |
| It looked really fancy! |
 |
| I liked this picture. Unfortunately, it was really hard to take a picture of. This is the best I could do. |
 |
| A bust I saw while there. |
 |
| This was a costume in a play! Two people would be inside moving it around! |
 |
| A skull used in Hamlet |
 |
| Look at those shoes!!! |
Here's another interactive exhibit! :)
 |
| This one looks like a big moo moo... (I realize that's spelled wrong, but I don't know how to spell it. ) |
 |
| I LOVED this jacket. If I could buy one like this I would! Unfortunately, this jacket was children size, so it didn't fit in the front. But the back did! :) |
 |
| It was fun to spin in! :) |
 |
| Lion King costumes |
Then, this afternoon, we went to visit Sherlock Holmes stuff. My roommate is a BIG fan! :)
 |
| This wall is at the tube station! Pretty cool! |
 |
| My VERY excited roommate |
 |
| Waiting for the Sherlock Holmes Museum |
 |
| The gift shop |
 |
| I love this "toilet" sign! |
 |
| This roommate LOVES the Beatles! There was a Beatles store right by, so we stopped in. She got this great bag! |
 |
| People in my group today. |
 |
| Such interesting faces... |
 |
| I thought this was a cool quote. |
 |
| And this too! |
Finally, I want to show you this delicious thing I got the other day. After class on Monday, a lot of people from class decided to go to the Creperie. They have every kind of crepe you can think of (within reason... no anchovies, etc.) I got a strawberry cream one. It was delicious!
 |
| It was SO messy! I had to take it home to eat it because stuff was falling out onto the street. |
 |
| Sherlock Holmes Pub... I have a feeling we'll be back here sometime. :) |
 |
| Here I am! |
Thanks for reading! You're all awesome! :) Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment