| Pretty cool... A fancy crest on the ceiling! |
| They had complete walls FULL of these plaques. If I remember right, they are the crests of the speakers of a semi-annual conference they have here. They are still adding plaques! |
| This is the oldest one! |
| Long live the Queen! :) (Sorry it's a bad angle... it was hard to get the picture.) |
| Beautiful stained glass! This is James 1 and Queen Elizabeth. I can't believe how detailed it is! |
| This is the hall where Twelfth Night was performed and where really famous people have sat throughout the many years. We sat at the head table underneath the pictures! :) |
Turns out that Robert Louis Stevenson came here and got inspiration for Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde from these paintings! :)
![]() |
| Here's Jekyll |
| And Hyde! |
| This organ looks amazing! |
| This marks a knight, I think. |
| This was the ceiling! I stood underneath and looked completely up when I took this picture. It was really tall, but so cool! |
| All around the arches, there were really weird faces... not exactly sure why, but they're amusing! Especially this one :) |
| I thought I'd join the weird faces queue. I think their faces are better. |
| Imagine preaching there! I can just picture standing up there and spreading my arms out wide saying something awesome! |
| This is one of my teachers--Tim. He's a theatre professor. |
| The Globe! I'll be seeing some shows here later! |
| This is at the original site of the theatre. Sorry that it's blurry! |
| This is the stand where I got the brownie! |
After a long nap, we went to see my first play in London! We saw Othello at The Lion and the Unicorn Theatre. It was a tiny theatre above a pub... it looked like a garage! But the actors were amazing! :) Tomorrow my roommates are going to try and go to Les Mis! Let the theatre begin!!! :)


Sounds (and looks!) like tons of fun!
ReplyDeleteThe church looks gorgeous. That organ! So grand. I think the funny faces were to scare away evil spirits and demons, but it could also just be some funky carving ;)
Re: Turkish delights... Now I am even more disappointed in Edmund! Shame! (But I'm so glad you had one. I've always wanted to try one...)
Also, since you're in London and all... I'm not sure how much free time you get to just explore, but I'd highly recommend Strawberry Hill House. It's either in London or in one of the suburb-y areas. I can't remember. But it's an example of Gothic Revival architecture, and I believe the original owner of the house (Horace Walpole) was one of the first people to write gothic novels. So yeah. Totally related to literature. But mostly, it's just supposed to be totally weird looking. And that's something.
Excited to see more updates :)
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely look into it! :) And thanks for telling me what the faces were for! You really do know everything! :) I am also disappointed in Edmund. He really let us down! As for trying a turkish delight, would you like me to get one for you right before I come back? I think that could definitely be arranged! :) Thanks for reading and commenting! I feel so official! :)
ReplyDelete:o If you got me a Turkish Delight, I'd be your friend forever.
ReplyDeleteAs for knowing everything- I wish! There's still so much more to learn. Did I tell you I'm pretty much decided that I'm going to grad school through Ph.D. for art history? Because that's a thing. Still looking at programs, but yeah. Excited!~~
And I do hope you get a chance to visit Strawberry Hill. It just seems like an awesome place to visit :)